Horms Solutions is a small open source and free software development
consulting firm based in Amsterdam. The managing director Simon Horman has
more than twenty years experience working with free and open source
Horms Solutions focuses on how organisations can leverage upstream open
source development to provide long-term value to users.
This includes software engineering practices using an iterative
software development life-cycle covering design,
implementation, testing and integration.
- Recent Engagements
- Chief Scientist, SmartNICs at Corigine
- Open Source Coordinator & OVS Hardware Offload Architect at Netronome
- Upstream Linux Kernel Renesas ARM SoC Maintainer
- Experience at a Glance
- Linux Kernel:
- IPVS & kexec-tools maintainer
- Open vSwitch hardware offload maintainer
- High Availability and Load Balancing:
- HAProxy developer
- Ldirectord maintainer
- Debian Maintainer
- Former member of Linux-HA maintainers and kernel teams.
Linux Kernel Development - It's All About the Long Term.
Thoughts on the importance of upstream Kernel development.
An exploration of the motivation for organisations to invest in development
for the upstream Linux kernel.
- Simon Horman <simon at horms.net>
- Eerste Jan Steenstraat 84A IV
- 1072 NP Amsterdam
Copyright © 2010-2021 Horms Solutions
All rights reserved unless otherwise noted